Yea for fingerprints, well kinda!

You always hear that adoption has its ups and downs. The end of last week and the beginning of this week have been just that.

We sent our I-800 paperwork (for immigration) in a few weeks ago. About a week or so later we received our receipt that was then followed by our appointment cards about a week later (our appt for 11/30/12). The great thing about the Atlanta USCIS office is that you can walk in before your appt date on your card to get fingerprinted. Adam and I were eager to get these taken care of and headed down to the office last friday. We got there around 9:30 and was asked to wait another 30 minutes and they would try and let us in. We waited and then the guy told us wait another hour and he would try to get us in. It didn’t look promising that we would be getting in and I still had to pick up the kids from school at noon and teach that afternoon, so we decided to head home.

I admit I was a bit discouraged as our son is waiting for us and these fingerprints are the holdup.

On Friday, to top off an already amazing day (yea right) we got Adam’s passport application back in the mail saying that it wasn’t signed and we needed to resubmit it. UGH! So, I filled it out again and sent it back hoping this time it’s fine.

We had the plan when we left the USCIS office on Friday that we would go back on Monday and knock them out. But we didn’t realize that Monday was the day that veterans day was being observed (since it fell on a Sunday) and offices would be closed.

So, today Tuesday, Anna Ruth and I headed out after dropping the kids at school to the USCIS office. We got there just after 9 and the man at the door told me to come back in 30 minutes to see, but he wasn’t making any promises. Anna Ruth and I trucked back to the car, I graded papers and she watched a movie and then we headed back in. This time he asked me to step aside as he let the others behind me in. I really think at this point he was wanting to see if Anna Ruth was going to behave or not and based on that he would let us in. I am not totally sure on this, but that is how I saw it. Anyways, after waiting there for about 15 minutes and Anna Ruth waiting very patiently he finally let us go in. YEA! Now we just need Adam to have his fingerprints done and we will be good.

Adam headed down there at 2:45 today and the man at the door said no more walk-ins today. UGH! He told Adam to come back in the morning sometime and try again. This is so frustrating! There doesn’t seem to be a rhyme or reason as to when they will let you in or not. The man at the door has all the power and looks around and says yes or no. He can as easily say yes and he can say no.

Now is a really busy time for Adam at work, so I am hoping that there is another time he can slip away from work and get these done for real! If you are reading this, would you please pray that the Lord would open up doors at the USCIS and he will get his prints done? This is the last step that we have to do before our Dossier gets sent from place to place to get authenticated and then off to China. What a glorious day that will be!

Thank you for your prayers and support!


Posted in

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.